I fused blanks in each of them and experienced huge bubbles. Double yuck and ruined glass.
I am not sure if the bubble problem was my schedule - which I changed, or the fact that I moved my old kiln when the new kiln arrived and I may need to do some better leveling.
My next fire in the new big kiln was just a recycled glass blank for a bowl slump. It turned out fine. I'll post pics after the slump tonight.
My small kiln did a great job with a new glass quilt.
|Glass quilt on table.|
|Glass quilt in window.|
It always amazes me how the glass colors change depending on how a piece is lit. I wanted to see if glass quilts are too heavy to hang in a window. I drilled holes and threaded a ribbon for hanging. I really like to see the depth of glass and hanging a piece in a window with bright sunlight shining through it is a great way to show off a piece. (I will try it in a carpeted room in case it falls.)